Patna offers an average hospital related facilities, though many new hospitals are being opened in recent times. The City has many renowned government hospitals, but conditions are not very promising, partly due to over rush of patients and partly of mis-management. However, the private hospitals are quickly picking up the vacant space. We list here few important hospitals of the city.
- Patna Medical College Hospital (PMCH) : It is the oldest hospital in Patna. Being an old and government hospital, it offers facilities in different aspects. It is situated in Ashok Rajpath.
Address: PMCH, Ashok Rajpath, Patna
- Nalanda Medical College Hospital (NMCH) : This government college was opened in 1970. The Nalanda Hospital is situated at Agamkuan in an area of 100 acres. The hospital is equipped with modern facilities to treat various kinds of diseases. The Medical college is situated in Kankarbagh Main Road.
Address : NMCH, Agamkuan, Patna
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS) : This government hospital was established in 1983 with the view of providing quality treatment to not only the local people but also the neighboring countries. It is situated in Raja Bazar, off the bailey Road.
Address : IGIMS, Raja Bazar, Bailey Road, Patna
- Mahavir Cancer Sansthan : This Cancer institute and Research center is an initiative of Mahavir mandir trust, inaugurated in 1998. This hospitals offers quality treatment to the cancer patients and the people from the poor class, who are unable to bear the ever-rising cost of medical treatment.
Address: Mahavir Cancer Sansthan & Research Center (MCSRC), Phulwarisharif, Patna - 801505
- Kurji Holy family Hospital : Address : Kurji More, Sadaquat Ashram, Patna -800010
- Red Cross Hospital : Address: Gandhi Maidan, Patna - 800001