The IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited) has planned to ply a special tourist train from Patna Junction on March 29, 2014 that would take one to the various religious places especially in South India. The tour lasts for 10 days and the package is inclusive of all accommodation and dining facilities. The train will return to the Patna Junction on April 7. The train will cover many pilgrim destinations viz. Puri, Tirupati, Minakshi, Rameshwaram, Kanyakumari and Vishkhapatnam. The IRCTC will make proper arrangement for ferrying the passengers by bus to the the pilgrim centers once train reaches the particular station. Passengers traveling in AC coaches will be provided with AC buses and deluxe rooms and similar arrangement will be done for passengers traveling in Sleeper coaches.
The important points related to the journey is :
- Fare : AC (III Tier) - Rs 17,900 per person
- Fare : Sleeper - Rs 10,900 per person
- Train starting Date : 29th March (Patna Junction)
- Train retuning date : 7th April (Patna Junction)
- Facilities provided : Accommodation, dining, bus, medical facilities etc.
- Ticket booking : Patna, Puri and Asansol stations
For more information, one can contact the regional office of IRCTC or can inquire on phone number 0612-2205801.
[Jan 20, 2014]